01. - 03. Ludwig van Beethoven - Violin Concerto in D major, op.61 [41'45]
04. - 07. Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 2 in D major, op.36 [34'25]
Arthur Grumiaux- violin, Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam conducted by Eduard van
Beinum
Decca Eloquence Australia 4800428 (Philips mono recordings June 1957 and May 1954; CD issued 2009)
(flac and scans)
Recording venue: Grote Zaal, Concertgebouw, Amsterdam
Recording engineers: Henk Jansen, Kees Huizinga, Willem van Leeuwen, Hans Lauterslager; Producer: Jaap van Ginneken
Here's a companion release to last week's from Universal Music Australia with another fine pair of recording by Arthur Grumiaux and Eduard van Beinum. This Violin Concerto is the equal of Grumiaux's later recording with the New Philharmonia under Alceo
Galliera (as much for van Beinum's contribution as Grumiaux) and preferable to his even later recording with the Concertgebouw under Colin Davis.
Unfortunately, van Beinum did not record much Beethoven as this Symphony No.2 is extraordinarily exhilarating. It was a good idea to pair the two D major works on this CD.
This CD was issued after the Universal Music fatwa on the Philips name and pretends to be Decca recordings. Both are mono recordings despite the 1957 date for the Concerto but the sound quality is excellent never-the-less.
6/30/2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









13 comments:
Download from MEGA:
https://mega.co.nz/#!5wZQ3bwJ!Tr5fJLnVWcoZNbk_bINFwzWexfCvPLnCc25SFCekdCE
Download from ADrive:
http://www.adrive.com/public/fnHsxX/Arthur-Grumiaux-Beethoven-Violin-Concerto.zip
Another one I'll try on faith! Thanks!
Many Thanks!!
Thank you so much!!!!
As a youngster, I knew mainly David Oistrach and Menuhin. I learned about Grumiaux later, and now I like very much his artistry. Thank you!
Thank you LOTS AND LOTS!!! Great share.... and a great companion to last week's!! You're so right!!
Many thanks for both of these - very fine playing.
Also, (if anyone's wondering) don't be put off by the early recording dates. The sonic quality of these recordings is outstanding, even if they're "only" mono.
At least! My first Beethoven violin concerto is on cd. I bought it on lp when it was reissued on the Fontana series, and its magic still works today.
Thanks a lot!
Outstanding Brahms from the great Grumiaux and beloved Van Beinum. A treasure. Many, many thanks. Mono sound is great and sounds as good as stereo on good headphones.
Ray
Drray3
Many thanks!!
EXCELLENT............................THANK YOU FOR ALL
Thank you nzguy for another Eloquence recording which I do not have!
Many thanks!
Post a Comment